Author: Adisha
•Monday, September 08, 2008
I've been wondering recently about dedications one gives to others. I've come to the conclusion that self confidence is highly supplemented by the faith of another in this world in your talents. Appreciating whatever one stands for plays a major role in boosting one's morale driving them to become a better version of themselves.

That is why, when successful in any kind of achievement we have people contributing it more to the people who gave them total, relentless support in pursuing their dreams than to their talents. Talents, I believe are like plants. They need nurturing, appreciation and faith in their growth as much as a good soil base. Not the nagging, pestering kind of support, mind you. But the subtle, slow, continuous nudges of praise and admiration. Everyone needs to know there's someone out there who believes in them pushing them forward when the chips go down and buoying them further when on an artistic high. Else with the wrong kind of attitude, talent too, like all else in life withers and wilts to nothingness.

I for one know, if not for those cherished few who've always had faith in me and stood beside me urging me on, I wouldn't even be where I am today.
|
This entry was posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Spin Offs: