Author: Adisha
•Wednesday, September 17, 2008
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Everything is ok, in the end ; if it's not ok, it's not the end.

To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.

Loving yourself is the beginning of a life long romance.

Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Time spent laughing is time spent with the Gods.

No day in which you have learned something is a complete loss.

Every problem has a solution, every night has a dawn.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is full already.

One should never consent to creep when on has an impulse to soar.

It's NEVER too late to be what you might have been.

When God takes away something from your grasp, he's not punishing you, but merely emptying your hand for you to receive something better.

No one can go back and make a new start, but anyone can start from Now and make a brand new ending.

In the depths of winter I learnt that there is an invincible summer in me.

Only the wisest and stupidest people do not change .

You can choose to do Nothing during a situation... but that TOO is a choice.



These are a few words that cheer me up whenever I string them together in my mind's window. They have gotten me through some really tough times and having believed in them with all my heart, I've found them encouraging me through to the light. I've collected them over time so kindly excuse my ignorance as to the authors of each. I just wanted to share them with all those out there who are looking for a sign, something that tells them to keep moving, no matter what.

You know those days when you feel down and think the world is passing you by. When everyone seems to be having the time of their lives, where you are stuck in a rut and nothing seems to be changing? Every thought that crosses your mind is what's going wrong and when things will be like they are for others. Well, the truth of the matter is no One person is happy all the time. We all have our ups and downs. And those that seem to be doing well, probably have a hidden corner of their lives that is dark and threatening. The trick is to Not let all the darkness we have in our lives to break free of that hidden box. We each have something that another secretly covets. And we each have ghosts that live within us just lying in wait to pull us into an endless abyss of diffidence. Life is a rainbow of all possible colors; some dark, some light, some vivid, some obscure. We just need to make it a point to keep our eyes on the bright colors and keep thinking up ways to paint over the one's that remind us of our failures. Our time will come, when it's meant to and it'll come with everything that we are destined for.

Well, it's in those days I try do one of many things to take me out of the self built walls of pity. Hey ! Life's too short to spend wallowing in a pool of regret, right ? The past is gone, the present is happening and can only be dealt with as it comes, and the future - well, we can just work on building the one we want and await the result.

When confidence is low and impatience is high, tears flow easily and no remorse is denied. Those days I think about all that's right in my life. Every tiny blessing that seems to blend into the background is brought forth and thanked for. Every lesson I've learned, ever person whose graced my life, their entry, their exit, the meaning of the traces they left is analyzed and relived. And then all of it is shelved back into my " by gone folder " after I access how it contributed to who I am today and what else I need to work on. I always try to keep myself as positive as I can. For the rest, I'm thankful to my husband for picking up the slack and helping see all the goodness.

I get up, get dressed, go out, pick up a book,catch a nice movie, do whatever cheers me up and have a laugh at my own expense, if necessary. I've noticed that people with a good sense of humor are usually those who can laugh at themselves. It's a blessing to be able to see the funny side of any situation. Surrounding yourself with positivity is another plus. I regret to say I wasn't always this positive, but over time I've grown to learn that negativity most eats at you. Sure, I still get worked up often and frequently but I vent and then I'm pretty much over it. After a while, the hilarity of the state of affairs and the possible outcomes make their way into my conscious. Soon, a plan starts forming and I work on what more I could do or change to adapt. It's more of a transition process that works towards a positive outlook. That's just me. I'm sure we all have our own ways to fight against our demons and make way for a better tomorrow. As long as we keep trying to pave the way to all the goodness life holds for us, the means is of no consequence.
|
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Spin Offs: