Author: Adisha
•Thursday, August 07, 2008
I read my friend's blog about what love means to her. I thought about it and finally decided that there's just too much I feel about IT to put down in words. Also, I for one believe, Love carries different meaning to each of us. It can only be explained when you are so immersed in it that it's hard to breathe. Each one has their own definition. Finding your kind of love is hard to do but when you do, Nothing can compare to the sheer joy it brings to your world making it devoid of all it's darkness. I can never be presumptuous to explain love to another. It would be an endless discussion with no solid conclusion. So, I took a page out of someone else's book and found a few words that support my version of love.

But before that I'd like to at least have a stab at describing this mysterious phenomenon. Love to Me is ever lasting. All encompassing. Love to me is having someone to depend on and hold onto no matter what. It's what makes each day worth living knowing you have someone who cares for you and your every need, thought and desire. Love is loving and being loved for each and every smile, tear, habit, fault, mood or word spoken through every situation or inspite of ( whichever the case might be). In short, being understood and accepted. Love is loving unconditionally, and wanting to bring a smile to that face even if it means playing the fool or compromises. Love is knowing that your heart moves around outside which you need to protect from all every sadness. Love is never giving up. Sure, at times it hurts like a b***** . But that just means that it wasn't meant to be and it's time to move on. For when you find the one who Actually loves you, Nothing and no one can change That. It's like energy flowing from one to another. It may transform in many ways but the love in your heart remains the same. Love is joining your two worlds and making a beautiful world of your own. Love always changes you in unspeakable ways making you a Better person. At times, I have found love to be slightly over rated but then that's excusable since Love is what makes the world go round and in the end, love is all there is.

And here to drive the point home are a few tid bits courtesy ThinkExist -

“Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.”

“Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.”

“I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.”

“When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever.”

“I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.”


“Every man is afraid of something. That's how you know he's in love with you; when he is afraid of losing you.”


“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.”

“You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.”

“Love is not blind; it simply enables one to see things others fail to see.”

“Love is saying 'I feel differently' instead of 'You're wrong.'”

“True Love burns the brightest, But the brightest flames leave the deepest scars.”

“Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.”

“Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.”

“There is no difference between a wise man and a fool when they fall in love.”

“To love is find pleasure in the happiness of the person loved.”

“There are more people who wish to be loved than there are who are willing to love.”

“When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.”

“Where there is love there is no sin.”

“Of all forms of caution, caution in love is the most fatal.”

“Love doesn't grow on trees like apples in Eden - it's something you have to make. And you must use your imagination too.”

So, what does love mean to You ??
|
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 Spin Offs:

On October 10, 2008 at 3:19 AM , dreamy said...

it feels good to know that in today's times there are others like me who still believe in the power of love :)

 
On October 11, 2008 at 2:13 PM , Adisha said...

Yup ! That's me. The hopeless romantic... :)

 
On October 12, 2008 at 8:45 AM , dreamy said...

me too!!!! :D