Author: Adisha
•Tuesday, June 23, 2009

“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”


I saw Valkyrie a few days back and I am still reeling, with a million thoughts running through my head. I Oscillate between awe for courage, intelligence, dedication to the cause and sadness, and wonder at my own potential should I ever be faced with such choices ...

Imagine those men, fighting for what's right, for their country, just so Others wouldn't remember it as Hitler's Germany. So sad that what's right is often marred by hazy beliefs and is squashed by blindness and stupidity.

It's so sad that most of us worry over trivial things, which we could solve with a little effort and intelligence whereas millions in those times lived in fear every moment, with no where to hide, wondering if they'll be the next ones to be taken into the chambers or shot.

It's so stupid that terrorists today are not capable of giving a thought to the perception they are develop for their country.

I wonder if I could EVER be 1/10 as brave as those men who looked down a barrel of a gun. My husband says that when living in such horrid conditions, people are capable of doing things that they themselves could never imagine but then I Know that people can never go beyond their basic nature and thus I find myself speculating about my own.

The amount of courage it takes for men like Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, Bhagat Singh, who recognized the need for men to band together against injustice, at whatever cost to themselves, brings a tear to my eye as I even ponder of the fears they faced with those brave faces.

The horror of it all as people stared down a barrel of a gun, or walked to their death, believing in their convictions, or by no fault of their own. Hatred is such an ugly emotion, bringing out the worst in people, affecting all those around them. Visualize the blindness it creates, that allows one to take the life of another, with no regard for the scars created ??

I'm so, so, so very lucky to be living this comfortable life and the independence to live life My way. Many a times, it's been very hard but it's always easier than it was for those long forgotten, who never had a chance. Which brings me to the thought, that Maybe the rest of us owe it to them, to live our lives to the fullest and best of our potential, doing whatever little we can to make the world a better place Today. Just be as loyal, caring, loving, friendly, helpful, appreciative, jolly, courageous, adventerous, fun loving, as you can be Every day, making sure you do as much justice to yourself as to the ones you care about.

It's the Least we can do as way of tribute, right ??
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

13 Spin Offs:

On June 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM , Tall Guy said...

Yeah, I agree that when one find themselves holed up, courage comes unexpectedly.

As as the terrorist there is too much politics involved in it as its more than just a fight as it appears...

 
On June 26, 2009 at 2:25 PM , Adisha said...

@ Survivor - Yeah , maybe ...

Well, I think the people in politics or even the people who give the actual terrorists training should THINK about what they are doing to the world and thier own country .... but I guess they are just too brain washed ... sad really !

 
On June 26, 2009 at 3:14 PM , Where thoughts are Word$ said...

Very true!We owe our peaceful life to them.

Well-written!

Thanks for dropping by... :)

Loved your "Summer Nights" too in "Storytime"...

All the best for the results.
Congrats.I'm pretty sure you'll win. :-)

 
On June 26, 2009 at 3:22 PM , Tranquility Speaks said...

You must feel great hatred to take someone's life. Taking your own life is also something a coward cannot do, no matter how much he/she complains about his/her life. Even if you hate someone, you cannot just kill him/her. But those who have no conscience, don't feel a thing. Remorse is unknown to them.

We all do have our woes, but they are very very small as compared to many others, who aren't half as fortunate as we are. Just a change in perspective does so much for our moods :-)

A wonderful post Adisha. Straight from the heart, and reached the heart. So was the one which you wrote on
Excuses and Love which I thought was Brilliant :D

 
On June 26, 2009 at 3:40 PM , Netika Lumb said...

Yeah.. very beautiful thought
this I guess, is our part to play.. this is our part in making the place a better world to live in :)

thanks for sharing this :)

 
On June 26, 2009 at 4:46 PM , angel from heaven said...

Good post well written .Courage comes from within when one is determined to achieve a goal.

 
On June 26, 2009 at 6:50 PM , Kokonad said...

Adisha, you echo my thoughts. Ok, ladies first. I echo your thoughts.

I saw Valkyrie earlier this year because of my love and fascination for WWII. Not Tommy Cruise, I am not that crazy about him.

I agree, things have been made a lot easier for us - we live in a much more comfortable place... but your husband is right. A tragedy or calamity can bring out things in people that they didn't know existed. But I would want to explore that someday... I wouldn't want to live my entire life not having realized my true self. :)

 
On June 26, 2009 at 9:16 PM , K. said...

That movie was very well written, but I have to admit, it bothered me that no one had German accents...kind of distracted me...

 
On June 27, 2009 at 2:26 AM , Archana said...

I can't imagine living in some of the countries where violence, terrorism, etc is as prevalent as hearing fighter planes & explosions on a frequent basis. :/ Though the more you're exposed to such things, the harder your shell becomes and the more capable you become to do things that we think are unimaginable. Especially when it's directly linked to your country & ethnicity.

Though all that said & done, you're right. We should be thankful and grateful for the comfortable, cushy lives that we are blessed with. Everyday I live life to the maximum, by loving, living, breathing in the essence of what makes life worth living - the people & the natural beauty all around you. :)

Psst, I started a new more personal blog alongside my design blog. It's at deliciouslysunsational.blogtspot.com.
Come visit. :)

 
On June 27, 2009 at 5:32 AM , santasizing...Fantasizing said...

i agree...probably living cushioned lifestyles through out has probably never made us feelwhat men of such honour have/had felt...
and probably people like those are somewhere the reasons for the lives we are living today....
salute their bravery...and courage....and wish to imbibe some of it in myself too:)
lovely post....very heartfelt

 
On June 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM , ani_aset said...

A post to make us realize again and value what we have, a big salute to all of them.
Very well written

 
On June 27, 2009 at 3:41 PM , Adisha said...

@ Where thoughts are - THank you. Hope to see more of you here :) You'll be glad to know I Did win :))

@ Stillness - Yup , you're right. Thanks for ur kind words.. I did read your comment there and it's so sweet that you took the time to comment there as well.

Though, I Do believe, taking your own life is a debatable topic... I hope you don't mind me disagreeing on this point.

@ Netika - You're most welcome dear . Do watch the movie, if u haven't yet.

@ Angel - You are sooo right !!

@ Kokonad - Lolzz.. So sweet. Me either, don't like Cruise that is . I knwo my hubby is right. He always is :p But then I also believe a tragedy or calamity brings out a person's true nature - and they act accordingly. Thus I wonder what mine actually is ... I hope you never get a chance to explore that facet, and I mean that in the best possible way ... wishing you well !!


@ K - Oooh k ... I just was moved by the story ... Thanks for visiting. HOpe to see more of you here ... :)

@ Archana - Babes, I can tell you , it's a horrid world when it comes down to that... which is why I believe the least we can do is live life Fullest .... I mean, when so many people have gone through so much and we are lucky comparitively toh we should be appreciative of what we have ... right ??

Psst - visited your blog and loved it !!! :)) muaaahzz


@ Santasizing - You are soo absolutely right .... which is why we need to keep in mind those who have suffered, for our futures ... :) Thank you for ur heartfelt comments :)

@ Ani_aset - Thanks so much for visiting ...

 
On July 10, 2009 at 4:07 PM , Appy said...

Valkyrie has been one of my fave movies. It is so simple, yet left a deep impact! But even better is 'The legend of Bhagat singh'.. I never ever fail to shed a tear with that one. I think the situations we are faced with change us. The more difficult they are, the more they harden us.