Author: Adisha
•Sunday, June 21, 2009










Fathers, the unsung heroes
Standing by the sidelines
Guiding those in the game of life
To work hard, toe the line and play hard
Providing for their family without question
Thinking ahead of time for all that is indispensable
Laughter, kind words, silent looks, gruff scoldings
Love untold behind every action and word
With eyes on twinkling stars in our futures
Prouder of our accomplishments than we are
Happy in our joys, worried for our failures
Disappointments portrayed without feelings
With a few, hidden tears on those treasured moments



Fathers, our unsung heroes
We hold you close for all that and more
You've molded your blood, sweat, tears and life lessons
Into a pedestal we look at and try to reach for every moment, every year
You and you alone, are My Hero today and Forever ...




I tried to search for quotes on Fathers online and surprisingly there weren't that many to choose from, which gave birth to the poem above. So this post is dedicated to all fathers, especially mine who've helped their their children grow into amazing human beings.

I love my Dad. Not just because he's mine but for the straightforward person he is : who always stands by what he believes in. I admire him for his planning prowess, his money management, his hard work, for trying to always make a special effort to right things when they go wrong, for always make sure we had everything we would ever need, for his jolly demeanor and specially for trying to be the best father, son, husband, brother, friend a man can be - always going that extra mile . I am what I am because of him and that can be seen in the strengths of my character.





After all this years, I have been blessed with Another father, whose given me the greatest gift of all time. A happy life. And considering the wonderful man my husband is Only a reflection and further proof of the astounding person my Father in law is. It's always a pleasure listening to him talk, to observe his dedication to his work, to notice his love for his sons and his wife that can be seen in his subtle ways and kind words. His joy at a new experiences is wonderful to share. As I listen to my husband regale me with stories about his childhood with his father, I note the profound influence a father has on his son. I truly appreciate the quality of life they have shared together and thus pass on to us.







I wish they can be as proud of their children as we are lucky to have them as our Guiding Lights.



|
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 21, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

17 Spin Offs:

On June 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM , The Dark Lord said...

Great post! Loved the warmth which it portrayed!

 
On June 22, 2009 at 1:52 AM , Keshi said...

aww Happy Fathers day to ur dad!

**who always stands by what he believes in.

ur dad sounds alot like my dad. o how I miss him...


Keshi.

 
On June 22, 2009 at 2:56 AM , Tranquility Speaks said...

We are whatever we are because of our upbringing and shaping by our parents. They've moulded us into the beautiful people we are. A happy belated father's day :) Take care :)

 
On June 22, 2009 at 5:35 AM , Anonymous said...

thank you very much my dear ...we are luckiest parents.we love you too .god bless you.

 
On June 22, 2009 at 5:53 AM , Adisha said...

My Dad asked me to post his comment here :) -


HI BETA ,YOU MADE US PROUD ,AND HAPPPY ALL THE WAY IN YOUR LIFE JOURNEY.
AS A PARENT I EXPECTED A LOT FROM MY CHILDEREN AND I BELIEVE ALL PARENTS DO. AND THREE OF MY CHILEREN ,( NOW I M FATHER OF SECOND SON ALSO after u married )and since he is bigger in age so he is now my elder son , MADE ME VERY HAPPY ALL THE TIME.AS I M WRITING THIS I M CRYING WITH HAPPINESS.
LOVE U ALL WITH MY BOTTOM OF HEART AND THANK YOU
DAD

 
On June 22, 2009 at 11:36 AM , Thoughts Over Chai said...

aww that's so cute.Moreover I cannot help smiling reading your dad's comment on this post.So So So So cute!!!

Happy father's day to your dad and ur father in law.

And cheers to every dad in this world!

 
On June 22, 2009 at 11:57 AM , nups said...

hi Adi
Beautiful.. i called my dad n he was actually expecting a call :) sweetheart he is... we thnk these lil occasions won mean anythng to grown ups..but they do..they acually love it when we wish them... whenever i leave home dad asks me if i have money..he will make sure i have all denominations ...so i don get stuck for change... this is to wat extent he can go in caring... n bounds.. we have parents who r actually God incarnate :)

 
On June 22, 2009 at 2:57 PM , Baljinder Singh said...

m a little bit late in joining the party....
really..a sweet post..:P
Happy Fathers Day....

 
On June 22, 2009 at 4:01 PM , Tall Guy said...

Nice post!!

 
On June 22, 2009 at 11:43 PM , Archana said...

This post is so sweet! :) I'm totally Daddy's girl and love, love, love everything about my dad. The comment your dad left is incredibly sweet too. I see where you get your adorable personality from Adisha! :)

And Father's day is really every day in my world, just as much as Mother's day is. Gotta love and be thankful to be blessed with wonderful parents!

 
On June 24, 2009 at 2:56 AM , Shruti Narayanan said...

lovely post!!

u spoke my heart.. ever single line of the poem i shouted, exactly! exactly!! esply "Thinking ahead of time for all that is indispensable" exactly how my dad is... wow!! amazing work adisha!! my heart goes out to this poem of urs.. read it twice.. still wanting to read again.. too good!!

well i always loved celebrating fathers day but always gets confused as to wat to gift dad for the occasion.. always end up in getting him a deo or pen.. no other options when it cums to fathers but then its g8 to have such days where ur telling ur dad what he means to u doesnt sound awkward.. i always feel a little awkward in telling my ppl what they mean to me without such occasions. such days gives us just the right moment to make others feel spl..

i esply loved the comment ur dad left for u... can imagine how good u would have felt after reading that :)

keep up d good work!

 
On June 24, 2009 at 5:53 AM , Unknown said...

Hi Adisha,
I am visitng your blog for the first time. Read some of your posts and really felt so happy to read them. They are so honest and nicely written. Loved your Story "Summer Nights". After marriage for me as well, ever weekend was a fight fest with hubby.

 
On June 24, 2009 at 11:04 PM , Anonymous said...

daddy the best..

loved it..

so many good memories.. na!?

 
On June 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM , Nevermind said...

Hey...wonderful topic yaar...it hav da grt feel...


krisshfeellikegod.blogspot.com

 
On June 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM , Keshi said...

OMG Adisha ur dad's msg made me teary!!!!

Tell him that I send him warm wishes, all the way from Australia!


Keshi.

 
On June 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM , ani_aset said...

its really cute..and i god bless you, you are lucky to have a gr8 father and FIL

 
On June 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM , prithvi said...

Fathers are like those rocks that even after facing the wrath of the sea stand their ground firmly. They might not openly show their love for us but they assure us a love filled life......well written...