Author: Adisha
•Friday, May 29, 2009
- Celebrations -

Gave my Hubby a surprise birthday party yesterday. He's going to be 30 on the 3rd, so thought to make a little special !!! Yeah, I've been teasing about him becoming old endlessly, but only for another few days or so Can't help myself !! All his office buddies came to grace the occasion with their families and helped by co coordinating among themselves at 2 days notice as I slogged on putting together the food and the photos and music for the actual day.

He thought only a friend who was leaving for India Friday night was coming for a casual dinner before his trip when in fact I had invited everyone. Needless to say, he was shocked to see them all at the door , with the balloons and cake. Managed to surprise him yet again and am happy to report, he enjoyed - a lot . Touchwood !!!

Which brings me to a few of random thoughts -

Birthdays a big deal in my book , yes !! For those are the days that you can truly celebrate the existence of the person who came to earth that day. Sure we could do this almost any day, but we don't usually remember to, do we ?? So I try to let my close some ones know every now and again in every possible way that they are special !!

When I was down last week, feeling lonely, I never would have thought that a week later, my home would be filled by wonderful people, laughing, sharing our special day with us and saying extremely kind things about myself, my hubby and my home. That also by an idea that I had for my loved one, impromptu when most people need a week's notice at least. Just goes to show how unpredictable time is, and the generosity of human nature.

How things that are unplanned are usually the ones that give us most joy and become wondrous!!


As I see balloons flying about in my home, I feel joy in their lightness and color.

When people ask me, how in the world can you do so much, plan, cook for so many people, decorate, always coming up with new ways to surprise him, I wonder why they ask. When you do something for the smile of another, specially someone you love, no effort seems too much. Sure, every body part might ache like hell eventually, but that look of surprise and awe he has, when I see the pictures and the smiles of the people, specially him, it all seems more than worth it. Those looks tell mehe knows - I love him.

Above all, how lucky I am to have been blessed by a man, to love and cherish who feels for me equally, if not more !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


- Temptations -

It's the day after, I'm standing in the balcony looking at the clouds floating by and feel the wind in my hair. I lounge around and then come in to gaze at my sleepy husband temped to shake him awake coz it's the afternoon and I want to go for a drive. It's going to rain, I can feel it and I want to be there when it happens.

Still out of the goodness of my heart, I let him sleep on. It was very hot in the afternoon when he came.

Buzzzzzzz !! I jerk around. I hear a noise, going on and on, off and on. On again and then off again. I know an insect has come in. I creep towards the sound, pull up the blinds and lo and behold! There it is. Buzzing off to glory. I run to get a towel, trying to shove it out the balcony door but by some wrong misunderstanding in my landing instructions, it goes deeper into the house.

I follow the slight vibrations into the kitchen. I turn on the kitchen light to make sure That's what it was and sure enough, there it was below the fridge and then it takes off towards the bulb.

Me, being the damsel, who gets Very distressed by roaches or insects ( no ! I'm not partial ), I go to my Prince Charming and wake him up so that he does his " Guyly " duties and gets rid of that nasty creature, Pronto !! He gets up, orders weapons of his choice - a cardboard and two plastic plates and rides off to rein in the rogue critter.


He observes the movements of this mystic vermin. Then he announces to the my utter horror that it's actually a Wasp and is tempted by my interior decoration to become our new room mate.

THIS is when I start freaking out, and screaming as it flies from one wooden surface to another, looking for a place to build it's nest. Yes, I scream and jump around like a girly girl ( I swear, these times are the only times I act like a lunatic from fear of being stung or worse ).



Meanwhile, my handsome hunk of a husband to my utter relief, smartly capturs the offending brute who was scaring his dainty wife. Gingerly, he allows the Wasp to fly off into oblivion and I a sigh in relief !!

Though I'm tempted to kiss him for his rescue mission, I'm Much More tempted to hit him hard for his ceaseless jokes at my morbidly embarrassing freak out session. :p


Such is Love !!!! Very Sweet ... A little Sour !!!

Right now I'm celebrating the fact that my sweet, observant hubby complimented my gold plated disc earrings with " Cutie, those are Noice ' thalis ' you are wearing !!!! " LOLzzz
|
This entry was posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

29 Spin Offs:

On May 29, 2009 at 11:16 PM , Hemanth Potluri said...

Happy Birthday to ur hubby :)...when i read the first part of the post ...u know i felt u stole some of the words from my mouth....but eventually its such a lovely thing to surprise ur loved ones on the day they brought light to the world :)...birthdays are big deal to me to...i wish them through my blog and i always keep fingers crossed for them liking it :)...

**As I see balloons flying about in my home, I feel joy in their lightness and color.


thats so wonderful :)..

**Above all, how lucky I am to have been blessed by a man, to love and cherish who feels for me equally, if not more !!!

yeh now i can say u both lucky to have each other :)..

Temptations :P....lol...i may better say u dint had a gun in ur had to shoot it or i wonder what the house would have had been by now :P...and yeah spidey is lucky that his mom is not afraid od insects :P...

have a gr8 weekend adisha :)..

urs..hemu..

 
On May 29, 2009 at 11:19 PM , Adisha said...

Hey Hemanth !!!

That's such a sweet comment .. Thank you so much for your kind words !! I'm sure all your birthday recipients totally Love the pains you take on their special day :D

 
On May 30, 2009 at 2:22 AM , Tranquility Speaks said...

You're right, when it is for someone you love, no effort is too much. It's ALL worth it :-)

Kudos to you for having cooked for so many people at such a short notice :) Your hubby sure is lucky to have a doting wife like you :-)

 
On May 30, 2009 at 5:38 AM , nups said...

hey can i call u Adi....(for some reason i felt like it...)
kudos to u for planning this whole surprise thingy :) i love surprises n hey m too a bday person :) it means A BIG deal to me... i think even if i m 80 m gona make sure theres a cake to cut :) n dentures r fit enough to bite into all the goodies my stomach would take then....
u have voiced my views in many places ..including the blessin thing.. we r so blessed to be loved n love someone.... i SOOOO agree :)tell me more abt the bday bash...n wat all u cooked etc etc...u knw the girly details would love to hear it out......
n do wish him bday frm me...:)

 
On May 30, 2009 at 6:00 AM , Unknown said...

Nice "happy" post!Loved to read it:)

It is sure nothing less than wonderful to be able to bring a smile to ur loved ones faces! No other feeling in the world is as extraordinatry as to see ur loved ones smile coz of u
:)


Earrings as Thalis and ghantas,bags as jholas,stoles as chaadars and what not! I m sick n tired of hearing all those from guys around me:(

 
On May 30, 2009 at 6:47 AM , Anonymous said...

Hey.As far as I am concerned its the other way round. I don't get much excited on birthdays. I can make the best plan and suggest the best gifts and all that, but that's more because it is of a creative challenge. Yeah, when you feel that you have done or arranged the whole thing there is a happy feeling in you. In your case it is because you made other happy but in my case it does not stem from others happiness but because I have done something interesting. That's the difference.
and I swear! I have had a fair share of friends who freak out seeing anything that moves on more than two legs. if it flies then there is chaos. But i love seeing them freak out :) and when i go and catch that creature proving that I am too tough to get scared :)
Man.But you know what I am scared of lizards!! Shhhhh..Had this friend who asked me to deal with a lizard and had to shoo it of with palpitations knocking my heart out. haah! but finally succeeded in that..ego protection!!

 
On May 30, 2009 at 9:46 AM , BrownPhantom said...

That was cute :)

 
On May 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM , Kunjal said...

seems lots of fun :)

 
On May 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM , Netika Lumb said...

Gold thalis??? Hea..ha..ha..
And yes, even I loathe cockroaches and insects and lizards and the like.. They give me a yucky feeling..

And I agree, when you do something/anything for a loved one, it's worth any and every bit of pain one might have to go through..

I really liked the candidness of this post :)

 
On May 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your husband...birthdays are also a big deal in ur book...im glad u still think ur husband is a hunk and can protect u..lol...nice of u to stop by my blog.

 
On May 31, 2009 at 12:52 AM , Archana said...

Aww your posts are so fun to read. :) And I am totally with you about birthdays! I LOVE them! Whether it's planning one for a friend/family member or if it's living life to the fullest on mine..there's just something so magical & special about birthdays.

And that cake is adorable, did you make it? My birthdays are never fulfilled unless I have a cake, hehe, kind of a brat about that. :P Once for my sister's birthday, I baked her a cake, iced it, etc and then hopped on the next bus to New York from Boston, and surprised her at her door with it. Heh, she thought I was a nut, but she loved it. I was so worried that the icing would melt on the 4hr ride, but luckily it made it there - edible and full of love. :)

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby, who is clearly amazing because he can get the nasty bugs outta your life, hehe. ;) I freak out when I see creepy-crawlys, lol, all I can say is good luck to the man I end up with. :P

 
On May 31, 2009 at 3:38 AM , Thoughts Over Chai said...

Belated Happy Brithday to your hubby, Adisha!
It was so cute of you to throw a surprise b'day party for him. I am so sure he loved that every minute of the time when all his friends came over when he was least expecting them to.
May your love grow years and years together to a lifetime. He seems to be really lucky to have you :)

 
On May 31, 2009 at 9:09 AM , Shruti Narayanan said...

like always... ur blogs r my best pass times... i get so dragged on to ur writings... wish ur hubby a great year ahead n ofcourse with a wifyy like u, i guess he couldnt have asked for more... u r so sweet, organizing surprise parties n stuff... all my kinda things too!!!

really had a good laugh reading about d 'wasp' encounter.. hee hee... so the hero of ur life saved u from the 'actor in the negative role'.. hee hee...

hope u both continue sharing many cush sour n sweet moments together. al the best sweety :)

 
On May 31, 2009 at 9:41 AM , Priya said...

Such a lovely post. I am late but still my birthday wishes to him..

 
On May 31, 2009 at 2:11 PM , Tall Guy said...

Wishing him a Belated Happy Birthday

Liked the way you ended, Btw how big were those thalis?

 
On May 31, 2009 at 9:42 PM , Kokonad said...

This is such a nice feel-good post! :)

 
On June 1, 2009 at 12:54 AM , Adisha said...

@ Stillness - Thanks so much .... I'm luckier than him, most days ;) :))

 
On June 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM , Adisha said...

@ Nups - Wow !! Sure, all my close friends do :) I sure miss that ...

LOlzzz... good, if some day we meet, I'll make sure to have you cut a pastry atleast, if not cake ... Bday well, I've said most of what happened. Got a lot of compliments for my home , cooking and all, ahem ahem ... Had made Paneer Makhani, Chole, Chikhen Gravy, Raayta, Jeera Rice, Sevai Kheer and Appetizers ...

Wore a punjabi suit, pink color which bowled him over !!! Beauty in the eyes of beholder and all .. hehehe What else re ??? just chatted and talked about life , birth , babies etc etc ... Was fun being with people , those most of the time, I was too pumped up to remember what I was saying even ...

 
On June 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM , Adisha said...

@ Akanksha - Hehehe, yeah so true ... Stoles as chaddars, yeah, sounds about right .... men will always be boys !!!

 
On June 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM , Adisha said...

@ arunrafi - Hmmm, yeah, I know some people just aren't taht into birthdays or any day for that matter but it's good that you help others out :)

So, you're the heman of the group huh ?! Lizards iiiik !! I hate them !!!

 
On June 1, 2009 at 1:02 AM , Adisha said...

@ BrownPhantom - Thanks ... Keep visiting :)

@ Kunjal - Yeah it was ..

@ Netika - :) Thank you dear ...

@ Leggy - NO problemo ... Hope to see more of you here ...

 
On June 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM , Adisha said...

@ Archana - Thanks dear ... I try .. :) That's so cool that you did that for your sister .... I'd love to get a piece too :) hehehe

I'm sure the man u end up with will be your knight in shining armor as well ...

@ Tasneem - Yeah, I'm glad to say he did. Thank you so much for your wishes sweeti ....

@ Shruti - Thank you for the compliments dear .... You are really kind ... Glad you and I are alike in more things ... YEah, he removed the villain like a machchar :))

@ Priya - Thank you so much ...

@ Survivor - Thalis were around 1/2 inch in diameter... Why ?? :)

@ Kokonad - Yeah, it felt good to write even ...

 
On June 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM , Adisha said...

@ EVERYONE - A special thank you from my Sweet Hubby to all those who wished him on his bday and made it extra extra special !!!

 
On June 1, 2009 at 2:38 PM , Gaurav Tārkar said...

you know what Adisha, of all the blogs that i have read you are the first married person whose blog i came across. and it is a pleasant change to read about things in life from a mature point of view. i was kind of sick of the usual teenage blabbering about love and gf/bf but your take on love the way you wrote in the section "celebration" is simple and aw-so-sweet. you do not speak much, you do not get too much philosophical, and that is what i like about your style of writing. it's unpretentious and straight from heart.

you've got an ardent follower here, Adisha.

 
On June 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM , Adisha said...

@ Gaurav Tarkar - Why thank you so much !!! Though my next post is kind of serious types, I hope I don't dissappoint your expectations ... Do keep visiting ...

 
On June 1, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Adisha said...

@ Gaurav Tarkar - Why thank you so much for your kind words !!! Though my next post is kind of serious types, I hope I don't disappoint you ... Do keep visiting ...

 
On June 5, 2009 at 3:26 PM , Blogger said...

awwwee....so so sweet.... :)
starting from below...lol at nice thaalis! :D
n ur temptation! ;)

bealted happy b;day to ur hubby....lucky he...he got such a sweet n caring wife...now i know wht will u say in return...dat d lucky one is actually u! :)

nice surprises....u know how much i love all this...u cud guess that from my last post... ;)
its so easy n so simple na...ppl shudnt b surprised over dis...u can do anything for d one whom u love...u love doin dat...u want to ....anything for that smile! :)
it comes from within .... no effort is required for that....u love doin anythin for ur loved ones!

may god bless u both!!

p.s. u got a new follower here...i love dis blog of urs :)

 
On June 16, 2009 at 12:23 AM , SWATZ said...

fabulous... :)))) and I love the pics accompanying the post... belated wishes...:P

 
On July 29, 2010 at 9:10 AM , Napster said...

right feel and critic feel,both are rocking..sweet post