Author: Adisha
•Sunday, March 01, 2009
I have a confession to make. After my Switch Blog, I still lost it where certain people are concerned. I tried successfully to keep my emotions in check for a few months but then I Yet Reacted to a trivial issue. But then for someone outspoken like me to keep feelings bottled up so long, it was a straw that broke the camel's back and that's not much of an improvement, is it ?

Then by chance, attended a Meditation Seminar which resonated of my Better Half's words. Penning down a few milestones of my journey in the past few weeks. Input anyone ??

* I need to just accept that there just Are people who I cannot get along well with and maybe shouldn't try too hard after a while either.

* If you are sure that you deserve respect, you don't really need it from anyone else.

* I love myself : caring about myself is the First step in being able to loving others. Hurt affects no one but yourself. In the end no one stands up for you but You.

* By holding on to others's actions, even though the situation doesn't change, I get ridden with guilt for feeling the way I did and acting the way I did, ending up hurting / upsetting the one person who I truly about. And nothing / no one is worth that kind of attention.

* Whatever goes wrong, May be a consequence of some subtle action on my part and I need to take responsibility for that. I may not be able to change the past or the people involved, but I may change the future by letting go of the subsequent reaction.

* A lot of the hurt and pain, that I've felt over the years has left a bitter residue. But if I go to Really think about it ; I don't really have a good memory of more than a few incidents over the last decades, so what's the point of fretting over similar trivial things today?

* Maybe giving up hope of getting through to some people would a good thing. Just letting their words / actions wash over me would be better than fretting over why/ how they do what they do, for someone whose not changed in years, is doubtful to change now.

* People's feelings, other than family : change over time. But one doesn't realize some of the changes till one is in the Actual situation in person.

* For most people, out of sight IS out of mind. Someone I am fond of told me recently " We are so used to Not having you around, that now even though you are here, don't really remember to keep in touch. " Cruel ! Yet so true.

* The funniest thing is the same applies to me. I realized I myself, don't feel the same about most of the people I Thought I was attached to over the years. Doesn't hurt as much to be sidelined as it used to. Or maybe I've it's more coz I too have gotten used to being alone :) After a time, people are just easier to remember as a figment of memories.

* In the end, people are left wondering how did a straw break a Camel's back ??! No one else can really Feel the load that was there before . So better to stay Light. Being carefree would be so much easier ...


Food for Thought :

A lovely dialogue from the funny movie Ghost Town :

" We just get the one life, you know. Just one. You can't live someone else's or think it's more important just because it's more dramatic. What happens matters. May be only to us, but it matters. "
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

13 Spin Offs:

On March 1, 2009 at 6:19 AM , Aparna (Life Takes) said...

i agree completely with the dialogue

i believe in living life at the moment and to the fullest..after all we have only one life

nice insightful thoughts u have adisha

 
On March 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM , Netika Lumb said...

Right! Coz at the end wat matters is what matters to us.

 
On March 2, 2009 at 4:44 AM , PhilO♥ said...

Hey! Thanks a ton :)
You're a cute blogger :D

 
On March 2, 2009 at 5:35 AM , Anonymous said...

of the many things mentioned, i learnt most of them hard way in past 1 year... so i totally agree.. realized one thing new from this post .. thanks for that :)

 
On March 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM , ArUn raFi said...

found the post more idealistic honestly.
"I realized I myself, don't feel the same about most of the people I Thought I was attached to over the years. Doesn't hurt as much to be sidelined as it used to. :) After a time, people just become a figment of memories."
thats true.its just normal to sideline and accept being sidelined after sometime..ur brain does the best thing fr u by trying to block off every pattern tht creates more hurting..and hence the best way is chosen by erasing past memories tht are considered redundant and a pattern is fixed to adapt according to changing situations and hence u learn to adapt..our brain doesnt keep more than what is required..
time heals all wounds certainly..
take care

 
On March 2, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Anonymous said...

live life to the fullest, kya patta kal ho na ho!!!

 
On March 2, 2009 at 4:53 PM , Adisha said...

@ aparna - Thankyou ...

@ netika - yup, trying to do what's best for me myself ! :)

@ cursed - why thankyou dear !! u're a cutie yourself :)

@ pretty me - I'm sorry to hear that ... honestly !! But that's one year faster than me :D your welcome. glad to be of service :)

@ arun - Well, I'm glad you find the post idealist actually coz that is what my quest is all about... Finding what the ideal life would sum up to !! With all our problems, and all our issues with others ; I want to find out ways to solve them AFTER I'm done ranting !!! :))

Besides, we Know a lot of things, but actually accepting and working on them makes all the diff. What say Guys !!!

 
On March 3, 2009 at 3:46 AM , Anonymous said...

Completely accept your thoughts.
Live life to the fullest..enjoyin every moment

 
On March 4, 2009 at 1:55 AM , Prakhar said...

Wish we cam implement a few of these points you mentioned..it will only help making life simpler and peaceful

I totally agree with the philosophy

"We cant go back and change the beginning, but we can start today and change the end"

Cheers :)

 
On March 6, 2009 at 1:14 AM , ankitminglani said...

heyy yaar reading your blog for the first time .. after you commented on mine ...

i must say yuo are a deep thinker .. i mean deriving out those points is really something ..

i m adding you on my blog roll .. n wish you a nice day .. God bless .. and keep smiling:)


~~~ Golden Vulture ~~~

 
On March 8, 2009 at 4:08 AM , Adisha said...

@ soceror - Thanks for your support. Keep visiting...

@ arun - Well put . Adaptation is always required and that's what my blog is all about. Learning to adapt and becoming self aware.

@ golden vulture - Thank you so much. It's nice to have someone appreciate my words. Thanks for visiting .

 
On March 10, 2009 at 9:32 AM , Appy said...

Everybody knows it, but the way you pen it all down is wonderful!
I think writing in points is a lot more difficult than what one may think, and their impact is always greater because of their directness. Loved the way you handled that!
Keep Blogging :) and I sure will keep track!

 
On March 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM , Adisha said...

Wow Appy !! Thankyou so much for visiting and your lovely compliments ...

Keep blogging !!!!

cheers,
adisha