Author: Adisha
•Monday, February 09, 2009
I'm one for everything happening for a good reason, but is it possible to live without those little nagging questions called Regrets ? No matter what we do, how we do it, there's always that extra bit we could have done or that which we didn't do or wish we hadn't done. Isn't there ? Then why is it that people say , live life without regrets ? Is anyone that perfect that they can live a lifetime of perfect decisions ? Or is it possible that we Never look back and wonder about what went wrong? Making educated guesses / decisions are one thing, but we all are yet destined to go wrong once in a while right ? If not big ones, there are always those tiny little actions that may have meant something more to someone and caused a little lesser pain to another. So, I went online to my trusted quotes and looked up what the greats had to say and here is what enlightened me, atleast a little. I hope you all agree.

I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person.

I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I'd just been myself.

If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.

Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.

Regret is insight that comes a day too late.

To regret something is to hang yourself with your own noose. Mental suicide.

Regret is an odd emotion because it comes only upon reflection. Regret lacks immediacy, and so its power seldom influences events when it could do some good.

Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.

Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets; then can come the best of benedictions .

Apologizes are pointless, regrets come too late. What matters is you can move, on you can grow.



So I guess in the end, we all have our share of regrets. It's a bitter and mostly useless pill that one has to swallow but perfection is only God's business right? And then in some cases, it's realization that important. I feel sorry for those who refuse to face up to their mistakes and live lives in blind stubborness. If given a chance there are a Number of things I would like to do differently, but here I am, thankful for a few of them for they've made me what I am today and given me a Life that today gives me a million reasons to smile. :)
|
This entry was posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 Spin Offs:

On February 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM , Priya said...

You said it all right. Nobody is perfect.. but our choices are made by us and we have to gamble whatz best for us and move on.

 
On February 10, 2009 at 12:08 AM , dreamy said...

It is a bitter pill to swallow yes, but it how u swallow it, makes a difference....

 
On February 10, 2009 at 4:25 AM , Adisha said...

So true !!

 
On February 10, 2009 at 11:38 AM , Anonymous said...

If you call it 'lesson learnt' rather than regret then I think it wouldn't be such a hard pill to swallow

 
On February 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM , Adisha said...

well said Tariq, but my question is about Those moments which are more about regret than the reason / lesson.

 
On February 10, 2009 at 3:27 PM , Anonymous said...

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.

 
On February 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM , Unknown said...

quite true..
well written.