Author: Adisha
•Monday, May 12, 2008
Earlier we didn't have days. Mother's day, Father's day, Friendship day and all the other kinda days that make us wanna celebrate for the silliest reasons. I don't agree with most of the mundane reasons. Who in the world came up festivals like Frog Jumping day, Dance like a chicken day or Butterfly day ? What is one even supposed to do on these days ? Still I do believe then Life is a celebration. A celebration of every breath, memory and smile that's granted to us. And I'm glad that some how in recent times, this tradition has gradually come across that requires us to start expressing ourselves and appreciate life's wonderful gifts. Specially, people that we genuinely care for. It's important in life to let the people we love know what we feel for them, one way or another. It's not just actions and gifts, but words that come straight from the heart. To know how proud we are of their achievements and how wonderful it is that they are a part of our lives. A chance to reflect on our relationships and rejoice for all they bring into our lives.

Mother's day ! A day when I am thankful for the kind of mother GOD graced me with. My friend, confidante, supporter, and among a List of other things, the one person I could turn to no matter what the problem or situation. More than a mother, she's been my friend. A fact she loes to dispute ever so often. She's given me a lot of swell memories. Laughing together, crying together, discussing everything under the sun, sleeping late, eating together late in the nights once she broke her fasts, catching a movie together, being a rapt audience while I gleefully talked a mile a mute or displayed my talents. She's held me when I've broken down and tried to protect me in whatever ways she could. Always standing behind me, no matter what road I decided to take in life or ended up on, praying for what's best for me. Fighting her own battles, holding the house together with her love, working hard at everything she did, at the same time making sure my bro and I got raised right. We have always been too hot to handle, but she molded us into what we are today with all the strength she could muster. Always giving, sacrificing and never taking anything in return as reward. I remember a number of times when I've had to fight her just to get her to accept a small gift, which she's later quietly put back into my bag. She's a woman bar none I've ever seen. No one I've known has the innocence and love she holds within her. Till date I wonder when the day will come when she'll become wise to the world's intricacies. Whether she knows it or not, she's the best thing that could have happened to us. She's always been my guiding star, keeping me good and down to earth. I can only hope to one day be able to become one tenth of the human being she is, let alone the kind of mother she has been.

I thank you mom for the kind of person you are and all the kindness you have showered upon us. I can only hope to make you proud. Now, I'm taking on the roles you have had and learn every day how much harder every step must have been for you. Though, now I have the love of another mother and as I get to know her, I find myself being showered with more love than I could have imagined. And am amazed at how lucky I've gotten. So , today, I give a salute to all mothers out there who sacrifice a bit of themselves every day for the growth of their family ....

Though I try to make it a point to make my special someone's feel exceptionally important on these days, wouldn't it be better to be thankful and expressive as often as we can. One day can Never be enough to show the love you have for someone. After all, a relationship is made up of more than One day in the year right ???
|
This entry was posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 Spin Offs:

On May 13, 2008 at 1:44 AM , Anonymous said...

Thanku very much beta .After reading your blog i felt life worth living...I am proud of you .
with all my love and blessings.God bless you