Author: Adisha
•Wednesday, February 17, 2010
V day was coming up and I was super excited. Not just coz the world would be celebrating love, but becoz I'd be telling all the people I cared for, how much they mean to me.

For a person who just needs an excuse to have fun and celebrate life in all it's glory, this was the perfect excuse. Cmon!! I'd already made a photo book of our recent vacation with quotes and surprised hubby dearest with it.

So naturally, I expected something/anything to come from the one person I love the most. Dinner, a card, flowers, a rose, or maybe just an e greeting ??!! That's not much, is it??

Yet, this year someone had stubbornly decided to sidestep this much hyped, media favorite holiday and staunchly avoided doing ANYTHING other than wishing me a "Happy Valentine's Day !" in the morning.

So, to say the least I was severely dissappointed and I let it be known by bickering all day long and deciding to enjoy the evening with a movie, a bag of chips and a glass of gingerale.

And then the next day, my friend sent me pics of her valentine's day celebrations and I was washed over by guilt. Her pics were of a candle light dinner at home with a home made scrumptous meal and a beautifully decorated table.

"You IDIOT!!", my conscious said to me," If you wanted a special celebration, you could have done the something like that too right?? You were so busy expecting something that you forgot that you could do some celebration all by yourself too. You forgot that just two days earlier, the same guy took you out for lunch and a movie and then roamed around at 12 in the night to get dinner. You forgot that the same guy jumps at the chance to pamper you and take care of you whenever you need it the most. So what more to you need ?? "

And so began hours and days of cooking yummy delicacies for my hubby dearest to make up for my callous behaviour.

The day after, hubby got shocked looks from his collegues when he resplied that he didn't do anything for valentines day when asked. My sad face and their surprised expressions made him feel that his wife did deserve a little something special! Consequently he went all the way out after work and bought a variety of chocolates from Godiva.

We apologized to each other and went on the enjoy another wonderful meal, followed it with satisfying our sweet tooths till their tummy hurt...

Lesson to be learnt :  When every day is a day filled with love, even if you miss a celebration eventually you end up end up living it up every day after ... :))
|
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 Spin Offs:

On February 17, 2010 at 10:11 PM , Hemanth Potluri said...

thats so right ...every day is v-day if u want to celebrate it :)...love is not just on the v-day we have al the 365 days :)....thats so sweet for both of u having nice time together :)...never feel bad ...everything has a reason :)..

urs..hemu..

 
On February 18, 2010 at 12:21 AM , WritingsForLife said...

Your lesson is good... but we should also not let an opportunity of celebrating love slide by. :-).

I am glad you had a good time even though it was after Valentines :-)

 
On February 18, 2010 at 12:36 AM , MangoMan said...

true! i spent the valentine's day with my girl on a hospital bed with a fractured hand and me sitting on a chair nect to her!! kabhi aur sahi!!

 
On February 18, 2010 at 12:38 AM , MangoMan said...

true! i spent the valentine's day with my girl on a hospital bed with a fractured hand and me sitting on a chair nect to her!! kabhi aur sahi!!

 
On February 18, 2010 at 3:30 AM , Netika Lumb said...

Awwww.. that's such a beautiful thought. And the way you presented and learnt from it, its superb!!

Loved this post.. Made me smile :)

 
On February 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM , my inner world said...

exactly the v-day is special... but at the same time it is not the only day ... any day can be the valentine wen two people are happy being with each other....

 
On February 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM , Unknown said...

Glad tht u enjoyed,Any day can be V-Day when u r in love:)

 
On February 18, 2010 at 6:56 PM , Priya said...

We learn from our mistakes isn't it.

 
On February 20, 2010 at 8:59 AM , Shruti Narayanan said...

u know the best thing abt ur blog is each time i visit it, i get to learn sumthing worthwhile. belated v day celb for u seemed to have rocked up :)

 
On February 22, 2010 at 9:04 AM , Garima said...

Oh my God..you seem to have the same bug bite as I had on V-Day..
But my lesson learnt is somewhat different..might be 'm a bit more selfish. I want to have daily celebrations but still a special one on the day is mandatory. The difference would be, I shall not wait him to come up but shall surprise him beforehand :)

Thanks for stumbling on my page!

 
On February 23, 2010 at 7:20 AM , ani_aset said...

hey god bless the sweet couple :)