Author: Adisha
•Thursday, August 06, 2009
How Does one decide things?

You get up in the morning, open your cupboard and think " Hmm ! This is what I'll wear today. " A look is chosen.

You go shopping, search for something for days, months even and then see something that seems perfect in your budget and think " That's what I want. " A thing becomes a part of your home, look or personality.

You meet a new person and as you're talking you think " This is nice. " A friendship begins.

You are pouring over books, brooding about your job and while studying a new subject, think " That would be something I could do the Rest of my life. " A career is chosen.

You are deciding what to do in a given predicament and you think " This is the way it'll work ". A plan is formed.

You see someone new or an old friend in a new light or meet someone for marriage and think " Wow ! Such perfection. I could love this person forever. " A possibility arises.

Your relation is not doing too well even though you seem to be trying everything. Everyone tells you to leave and yet you plow on believing your love will take your through and then fine day you think. " That's it ! I deserve better. " A new you emerges.

You are talking about being together for the rest of your lives and at one point you think " This is the person I want to be with for the rest of my life. " A promise is made.

You look at children and all of a sudden you feel something different and think " I wish I had one of my own . " The desire to become a parent arises.

You are driving down a road and think " Man ! I'm lost ... maybe I should drive this way. " . A direction is chosen and usually you Are right ! :)


That's how most of life's decisions go. Along with all the thinking, doubting, discussing, planning ; there is always an intuitive feeling - a voice inside that tells you, This is Right !!

Similarly for most phases of life. You feel ready to take on the next phase with a drive that you never knew you had. You just know that the " Time is Now . "

From the smallest thing to the biggest, your inner voice guides your way. I don't know what it is that makes us almost clairvoyant, but it's there all the same. Sure ! Not all choices turn out perfectly but then in time, one learns there was a reason why that didn't work out the way it did. Or the choices fall wrong simply because we confuse the voice with what we want or think we deserve or practical rationalities or others' advice.

The inverse also holds true. If it does not feel right, chances are it's not going to turn out so good no matter what you do. For years now if something doesn't feel right, I just don't do it and have rarely regretted it !

One could argue that you can take a negative and turn it into a positive. Life is not lived on feelings and gut reactions. This May be true! In fact, if you persevere you might actually turn things around but more often that not, that gut reaction that you ignore is usually right for a reason, for it comes from the place that knows who you truly are inside !

I guess what I'm saying is - Don't despair! Everything falls into place almost magically - when the time is right ; when the feeling is right !!
|
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 06, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

26 Spin Offs:

On August 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM , Gaurav said...

Beautifully written post..
And you summed it up nicely in last one and half lines!

 
On August 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM , Saurabh said...

Nice post ;)

Though I don't believe so implicitly in gut feelings, nevertheless they are an important part of my decision makings.

 
On August 6, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Netika Lumb said...

I can absolutely agree.
And being a strong follower of my gut, I know what you're saying..

 
On August 6, 2009 at 1:19 PM , Tall Guy said...

Yeah sometimes going with the gut feeling helps.

I guess its easy to put in words that there will be light at the end of the tunnel but it is the walk towards that light that's most difficult!!

 
On August 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM , Thoughts Over Chai said...

TRUE :)

 
On August 6, 2009 at 2:13 PM , ^_^ SENO ^_^ said...

Nice thinking.

The instances you put forth are so true. I could relate them to myself. Long over due desicions are made in seconds. And you make it sound so simple by the way you have written. But deep deep down, everyone who passes through those circumstances will accept.

Live and Love life!!
Cheers
Seno!!

 
On August 6, 2009 at 3:11 PM , ♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

thats so well said!!!!!! i loved the post!!!!!!

and by the way, theres a gift for you at my blog..
its here
http://harinip.blogspot.com/2009/08/virtual-real.html

 
On August 6, 2009 at 4:22 PM , Neelima Vallangi said...

WoW! very nicely written.. this reminds me of the song "Laree chooti"
from "Ek Chalis ki Last Local"..

I have learnt over a period of time that in the end it all happens for good.. :)

 
On August 6, 2009 at 8:30 PM , Amit said...

nice post :)

decision making and too doing it in less time as possible is fun!

Make your font size a bit big, its a pain on the eyes.

Following u for some time, cya around!

Cheers,
Amit

 
On August 7, 2009 at 5:04 AM , Baljinder Singh said...

Beautiful post....
Each n every word u hv written is absolutely true....
I am sure it ll edify most of the readers....

 
On August 8, 2009 at 12:24 AM , JR's Thumbprints said...

A new you emerges, same as the old you, or at least this is how the criminals I deal with are. They're short term thinkers, their decisions don't go beyond the tip of their noses are the next day. When you live for the moment, not thinking about the consequences, then your choices become mute.

 
On August 8, 2009 at 4:08 AM , Tranquility Speaks said...

Man!! This post blew me off! Adisha you have to get a copyright! People will be quoting you some day :)

We really think alike! I've always had these thoughts, but never put them down as words. Now I don't think I even need you, because I know I couldn't do it better than you :)

Mindblowing!!

 
On August 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM , Karthick said...

Honestly a very sweet post indeed!!
I was particularly touched by the last line of the post
"Don't despair! Everything falls into place almost magically - when the time is right ; when the feeling is right !! "

Jus cant get better, everything in my life has happened that way. And i always believe ,everything happens for a reason and everything happens for good.

I have been reading posst on ur page on and off, mainly because of lack of online time, tell u wat some really sweet pleasant ones, and so light to read.

And thank u so much for ur comments .Hope to get more of ur views on my thoughts.

 
On August 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM , aritra the daydreamer said...

Well nice post!!!!!
i always depend on my gut feelin for my decisions...they may be wrong bt thats waht i am.....

anyway it wud be nice if u drop in to my blog...
www.aritra704.blogspot.com

 
On August 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM , Ashish Sukhadeve said...

Nice Blog!

 
On August 9, 2009 at 12:18 AM , prajyot said...

very nicely written poem..@@

 
On August 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM , aRun RAFi said...

hey adisha..
havent read your post
but then need your email id..
want to pass on a message..u myt find it interesting..
my email id is rafi.arun@gmail.com

 
On August 9, 2009 at 1:52 PM , nups said...

hey Adi
nice post :) n as u can c .. i m back... i wanted to keep away for a while... jus wanted to get a few thngs straightened out, anyws feels good to be back :)
hws u ???

 
On August 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Kokonad said...

Beautiful! I feel the aspect that things turn out in a certain way is somewhat baffling to people! The whole feeling that there are things beyond your control makes some radical thinkers shudder at the thought...
That's how omens arise, religions arise, fate and fortune are coined...

 
On August 10, 2009 at 7:31 AM , Americanising Desi said...

you have inspired me deeply!

i love all the deals to the feel right :)

I have no words to express how truly touched i m :)

thank you for this

 
On August 10, 2009 at 10:26 AM , Adisha said...

@ gaurav - Thank you.

@ Saurabh - That is true .

@ Netika - Exactly. :)

@ Survivor - One has to have hope.

@ Tasneem - :D

@ Seno - Yes, everyone has to follow their path in order to know where it's leading to.

@ Harini - Thanks so much.

@ Wandering Soul - I LOVE that song :)

@ Hopeless Romantic - Yup, it's fun to do it on impulse at times ...

 
On August 10, 2009 at 10:28 AM , Adisha said...

@ Baljinder - Thanks Baljinder. You always have such wonderful things to say.

@ JR's Thumbprints - I'm sure it's hard for that section of the population to look beyond each day.

 
On August 10, 2009 at 10:32 AM , Adisha said...

@ Stillness Speaks - I actually blushed when I read your comment dear. You are too kind.

@ Karthick - I'm glad you enjoy your visits.

@ Arita the daydreamer - Thank you so much for vising here. Hope to see more of you around.

@ Thoughts and Me - Keep visitng. Thankyou.

@ Prajyot - ahem ! This wasn't a poem :)


@ nups - Glad to have you back dear. Have missed you. Hope you feeling better now. How are u ?

@ Kokonad - We all figure our way out day by day ... Life's a mystery. What you say is so true !

@ Americanising Desi - Wow !! I'm glad you feel that way. Keep vising. Cheers.

 
On August 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM , ani_aset said...

omg your posts make me think so muc..how do you organize so many thoughts together :)

 
On August 19, 2009 at 2:16 AM , Tranquility Speaks said...

Hi Adisha!

This is Stillness Speaks and this is the address of my revamped space

 
On August 19, 2009 at 2:00 PM , Jaky said...

Hey Adi! are you on facebook?