Author: Adisha
•Thursday, April 16, 2009
I'm into murder mysteries. Yeah, sure it's kinda morbid but hey ! to each his own. I love the deductions, the dark humor in some, the mystery, the motives, the depths of human emotions - love, hatred, jealousy, envy etc etc and even a bit of the ghoulishness.

One such show I catch on and off is Cold Case . A murder happens that goes cold over time and then a new piece of evidence causes the team to investigate it all over again to find the culprit, which of course they usually do. What I personally love about the series is that in the end of it, once the perpetrator and his motives are found, a glimpse of the murdered person is seen by one or more of the people closest to the dead person or the person most affected.

There's something appealing to me, in the portrayal of a spirit that is finally come to peace with it's life or it's end rather once it's all come a full circle. In knowing that those that loved them and those who meant them harm have all realized their own truths. It's amazing since we don't even really know what happens after death. But there's something hopeful in the knowledge that there's something called a soul in each one of us that is our essence, defining who we are and is accountable for our deeds in future, ie the after life.

Now, I do believe that our life is also based on karma, which gives us the options to even out the rights and wrongs. Our actions and our decisions, our feelings and our reactions are all added and subtracted from a huge calculator somewhere. But then I would like to also believe it's our souls that help us along guiding / nudging us spiritually and our souls that we take onto whatever lies after our breathing has stopped. Why I'd like to believe this more than anything is because of the one or two people I've met who appear to have no conscience. I have no right to, but some days I wish hard that if nothing, they at least once realize the pain they've put others through. That their spirit would at least be answerable if not their minds, their hearts or their conscience.

That is why I lean towards believing the myth that spirits live among us, those who die tragically, unnaturally, or with some secret. That each soul has to find it's harmony in nature and with it's self. That parts of the spirits of those we truly love remain behind with us as well, looking out for us.

And that is why whenever I see the ending of that serial I find myself overwhelmed with the emotions one Might feel when they finally see every corner, even the darkest of their lives coming a full circle : if not in their life but after death , years later even. We each have a cold case within us which is unfinished, questions unanswered. Imagine, the satisfaction of knowing that all is right finally, and the peace that would come with it.
|
This entry was posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

12 Spin Offs:

On April 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM , Hemanth Potluri said...

i was thinking first if ur wer dealing some mystery..hehe :P...cold case..now u just impressed with ur mind blowing post...:)...and i am curious to watch it more :)...hows u been tc have a gud day :)..

urs..hemu..

 
On April 16, 2009 at 12:49 PM , Adisha said...

How are you always first :)) But thank you for your lovely comment.
But I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on the same :)

I'm doing fine thankyou ... How have you been? what have u been up to lately?

cheers,
adisha

 
On April 16, 2009 at 8:46 PM , Keshi said...

WOW I love the depth of this post Adisha! I simply admire ur mind and ur skills in Writing.


**It's amazing since we don't even really know what happens after death. But there's something hopeful in the knowledge that there's something called a soul in each one of us that is our essence, defining who we are and is accountable for our deeds in future, ie the after life.


I strongly believe in that. As a follower of Buddhism, I do believe in Karma, Aatma and Rebirth. I do hv a real-life experience of it too :) I will write abt it some day.


I see it this way. Our soul is independent of our body. This body is a decaying and dying pile of flesh. But our soul remains in tact...it doesnt hv an expiry date and thats why our mind keeps ticking even when our body is sick or is dying.

When the mind is developed to a neutral stage, it's free of longing and desire...thats when the mind becomes completely pure...the Still point. until then, that 'energy' travels thru lifetimes like any scientific matter, and takes different forms (bodies). Just like how electricity exists but we cannot see it..it just flows from one point to another, even if the powerpoint/socket dies.

Sorry if I diverged a lil bit :) This is my fav topic thats why hehe.


Keshi.

 
On April 16, 2009 at 10:22 PM , Adisha said...

Hi Keshi,

thank you for the lovely thoughts. do appreciate it... wish more people would be more open about what they think too, but then I guess need to touch a nerve with everyone :)

Agree with everything you say . Believing in an Aatma is the only way to hold onto forever. What do you know ?! I'm probably a closet Buddhist, hope you forgive my candor .. But I have to say, I so admire your writings in every way ...

Well, hoping to hear about your experience. You've gotten me curious :)

keep blogging love !

Cheers,
adisha

 
On April 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM , Hemanth Potluri said...

give me a day to put my thoughts out ...because i will go to number of people with the same topic of life..and get their views to :)...and btw u have been welcomed in my blog on the 250th post of mine...just have a look when the time permits...and i have been cool and hot because of the climate :P..hehe..lately i have been upto my 250th post...thats the news :)...thnks for asking everything thing and i will be bac soon as i get some views abt the karma of life :)..

urs..hemu..

 
On April 17, 2009 at 1:17 AM , Kunjal said...

Hi Adisha!!thank you for stopping by my blog:)
yes even I am curious about what happens after death and will be soon writing a post abt my own assumptions and doubt. As far as the big calculator is considered at times I don't believe in it cos the sinners keep on doing the sins and are rarely caught. More-over what sin a baby has done to be born as deformed or handicapped or without parents. I think if what we do may be calculated in our next birth than this is quite unjustified.This means I will be doing good things all my lifetime and will not be rewarded or in other hand a bad person doing bad things and keep doing them and is escaped from punishment cos he/she did some good things in their last birth.
This whole thing is too complex not sure how God works out all this without being unfair to anyone as in long run we all are his children:)

 
On April 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM , Adisha said...

Hi Kunjal, Yeah, it's a very complex topic and one some of us often wonder about, but I think that's why I believe it's a combination of Karma And the Soul put together .. Though when you see people suffering for no reason one still questions the justice in all of it, but dear, I've seen that when someone does something bad, they usually have to pay for it one way or another ... jsut that sometimes, it's not very obvious ...

We can go on about it ... :)

 
On April 17, 2009 at 10:37 AM , Anya said...

deadly sins can be forgiven if we have the courage to ask for forgiveness..

neatly written

www.chronicwriter.com

 
On April 17, 2009 at 6:42 PM , Keshi said...

Hey Adisha my current post isnt abt that story I was gonna tell ya. :) I will write abt it on another post ok - when I write it I'll let u know.

ty so much for all the encouragement always!


Keshi.

 
On April 20, 2009 at 5:52 AM , PhilO♥ said...

Hey!
I'm back.
I'm really very sleepy. Will come back and read your post. Sorry :(

 
On April 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM , cutestangel said...

There are too many questions unanswered is there life after death, karma,vanishing spirits, good deeds and bad deeds in in carnation ,the topic just goes on and on.I my self believe that never mind your next life at least make good in this life while you have the chance.
Your post is very interesting.

 
On April 22, 2009 at 1:57 AM , Aparna (Life Takes) said...

you justified life after death

this sentence impressed me so much-- the one about calculator logic and our sins and good deeds being watched from some high power above and being accounted

i think this conscience is the one which guides and perturbs our mind when we commit a sin

very intense ideas you have got adisha!