Author: Adisha
•Friday, July 09, 2010
Life is changing ... slowly but surely. Where have I been the past four months ?! Hmmm....

The good news is the I'm expecting. :-) And I couldn't be happier about it.

The bad news is the I've been too sick to even think about writing or any other extra curricular activity for that matter. Any exertion physical or mental added to all the pregnancy symptoms and lack of sleep has me reeling. Feeling uncomfortable in my own skin has taken a new meaning and the temperature/mood fluctuations have my hubby cringing in anticipation.

Till the first time I saw the first ultra sound of the baby I just felt I was sick. Once I saw that, everything starts seeming to be worth it.

But damn, it's all as scary as it is exciting !! One second I'm imagining what the baby might be like, how naughty it's going to be and the other minute I'm freaking out at how I'll manage life with a baby in it. On one side, I try to do everything everyone tells me to make sure I do everything right. On the other, I'm whispering to the baby asking if it's all right !!

Sure, it's all a very natural process of life but I envy those who have a smooth and easy pregnancy just having to deal with the tribulations of being with a mom when the baby starts it's first breath in the real world.

Everyone keeps saying to be happy, but how does one find the time to be happy when all they are doing is trying to get through another day as comfortably as possible !! The number of horror stories of pregnancy , delivery and the actual child rearing don't really act as lullabies either. Why is it people Never talk about the joys of being a parent ?!I swear if one more person tells me to think happy thoughts, I might just sock them !!! No offense ..

And the decisions ... urghhh !! Oscillating between doing what's right compared to what you really want sucks big time causing more mental strain.

Above all, the desire to do something is as always inversely proportional to the number of reasons one should not do it to which I attribute my intense craving for SHUSHI !!!

Oh sure, people around me couldn't be kinder but inspite of it all, I seem to be extremely alone and I have a sneaking suspicion this is only the beginning  ...
|
This entry was posted on Friday, July 09, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

12 Spin Offs:

On July 10, 2010 at 12:27 AM , Napster said...

wow so graspin this post is.its very touching too.its gud
i didn't have such experience but this may be both scary and exciting

 
On July 10, 2010 at 1:22 PM , Hemanth Potluri said...

firstly a big congrats :)...thats actually a big news u have shared now :)...i am so happy ...well i am becoming an uncle already :D...

i dont know how it will be ..but i guess by reading ur words i feel lots of changes in ur lifestlye and everything ...

just tell him all is well :)..

just take care of ur self adisha ...my best wishes for u always :)..

urs..hemu..

 
On July 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Netika Lumb said...

Hey.. many many many manyyyyyyyyyyy congratulations.. and PLEASE don't worry.. you'll have aan maazingly beautifuyl and healthy baby..
Loooads of love and luck :)

 
On July 11, 2010 at 3:53 AM , Anks said...

Congratulations.... and welcome to new mommies club!

When is the due date?

 
On July 11, 2010 at 5:24 AM , Tall Guy said...

Congrats.

I have heard this is the best time to get pampered and get your wishes fulfilled. So make the most of it :)

 
On July 12, 2010 at 6:13 AM , Shruti Narayanan said...

hey a big Congratulations to u n ur hubby :)

really very happy to get ur news. i was just thinkign of scrapping u to know ur where abouts. i really miss ur presence in blogosphere.... glad to c u have finally updated.

wow! am still smiling so hard after getting the news. hey dont worry... everything will fall on place and u n the baby wil b safe n healthy. just dont stress urself too much and better watch some light-hearted comedy shows on tv or read sum books (comedy!)

so then what have u planned to name the baby? am sure u would have started collecting sum good names. a new beginning rt? am sure u can handle this new phase of life just as nicely as u always advice me :)

take very good care and be happy (no offenses) :D

 
On July 13, 2010 at 7:23 PM , MangoMan said...

Someone totally new about to be such a part of your life. Would have been an awesome feeling! Congrats!

 
On July 15, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Unknown said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy to hear that! :)
Take good care of urself, dear! The time shall pass...and I don't need to say, it'll be worth it!

Best Wishes
Akanksha

 
On July 19, 2010 at 9:47 AM , ♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
And take care. Hope you start feeling better soon :)

 
On July 23, 2010 at 7:02 AM , santasizing...Fantasizing said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...a big huge congratulations:)
take care of urself:)
loved reading the post:)

 
On August 6, 2010 at 4:20 AM , ani_aset said...

wow congrats congrats :D

 
On September 8, 2010 at 6:14 AM , goldy said...

i dont know how it will be ..but i guess by reading ur words i feel lots of changes in ur lifestlye and everything ...


SEO Company London
SEO Company UK
SEO London